What Matters Statements
- Enquiry, exploration and investigation inspire curiosity about the world, its past, present and future
- Events and human experiences are complex, and are perceived, interpreted and represented in different ways
- Our natural world is diverse and dynamic, influenced by processes and human actions
- Human societies are complex and diverse, and shaped by human actions and beliefs.
- Informed, self-aware citizens engage with the challenges and opportunities that face humanity, and are able to take considered and ethical action
Experiences in this Area can help learners develop an understanding of their responsibilities as citizens of Wales and the wider interconnected world, and of the importance of creating a just and sustainable future for themselves and their local, national and global communities. Exploration of the humanities encourages learners to be active, informed, and responsible citizens and consumers, who can identify with and contribute to their communities, and who can engage with the past, contemporary and anticipated challenges and opportunities facing them, their communities and Wales, as well as the wider world.